Careers at Nautilus Cleaning Company
Join the Team
The Custodial Worker I will perform all necessary daily janitorial tasks as required by specific contracts at one or more designated contract sites. Responsibilities
• Clean floors: sweep, dust, wet mop, scrub, or vacuum.
• Service, clean, and supply restrooms: toilets, urinals, sinks, fixtures, floors, trash, lockers etc.
• Trash pick-up and removal; take to designated dumping area.
• Wash windows and walls.
• Vacuum, spot clean, and shampoo carpets.
• Dust and clean light fixtures and blinds.
• Load, unload, distribute supplies, service lobbies and high use areas, and perform special cleaning.
• Keep janitorial closets clean and orderly.
• Maintain a safe working environment, report unsafe conditions to supervisor, and adhere to the Company Safety Plan.
• Read and follow all label instructions on chemical materials and operating Instructions for powered equipment.
• Report out-of-order equipment to supervisors.
• Treat all building occupants with courtesy and respect at all times.
• Report accidents immediately to supervisors.
• Other duties as assigned Qualifications
• High school diploma/GED required
• 2 years related experience required
• Background check required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to work adjusted schedules, including nights, weekends, and holidays upon request.
• Knowledge of cleaning solutions and janitorial equipment.
• Knowledge and experience working with and around chemical cleaning compounds.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to operate powered equipment normally found in janitorial operations. • Ability to organize work and follow cleaning schedules.
• Ability to work around the public.
• Ability to work as a member of a team.
• Complete and submit accurate time-sheets.